"But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand." Romans 15:21

Sunday, August 15, 2010

God at Work Stateside


So I have been back in the States for almost two weeks! I can't express how torn my heart has been about being back home. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed being back in the States with my family, but my heart is most definitely still in the Petén! Even though this time of waiting is difficult at times, I have been absolutely amazed to see all God is doing!


Let me share a few really cool stories with you!


Many of you know my drama with cars, but for those of you who don't know, let's just say they don't like me very much! Well, I hadn't been home for three days, when God dropped the perfect car in my lap! Going without a car for over a year has been rough, but the wait was totally worth it! I was actually in the process of buying another car, when my dad spotted this beauty! I made an offer, and much to my surprise they took it! After coming home and doing some more research, I discovered that I got a really good deal on the car! God knew the whole time, and I am still overwhelmed that I am now the owner of this car! I am so thankful!!!


I teach a Sunday School class at Trinity full of 4 and 5 year old bus kids! Last August I was asked to fill-in for the master teacher until November, but a year later I am now the master teacher. It can be challenging at times, but I absolutely love this class! There are weeks I will spend hours preparing, but still go in feeling totally inadequate. Well, last Sunday that is exactly how I felt, especially since I had been gone for a month. But God blessed and we had 34 children! I was able to share with them my experience in Guatemala, and we learned about the disciples and their call to be "fishers of men." It is exciting to see these children, who for the most part have parents who have nothing to do with religion, experience God and His Word for the first time!

Since I have been back, I have been busily trying to get everything in order for the my first semester at UNF. I am excited about taking classes that will actually teach me about deaf education! Tuesday morning I was talking with one of the professors in the Deaf Education program about some of my classes and scheduling details. She asked me what made me interested in Deaf Education, and I was able to share with her about my desire to start a deaf school in Guatemala. After talking for a few more minutes, she informed me that she has many connections with deaf and hard of hearing programs all over the United States and would love to put me in contact with them. She also said that their department would be interested in helping me do an independent study in Guatemala while still working towards my degree. I don't know all the logistics yet, but it is so exciting to still see all that God is doing to prepare the way for this future ministry in the Petén!


One last story for now! Wednesday night after an amazing ignite service, one of my dear friends came over to my house to see my car! She jumped in, and we started talking! We opened the super cool sun roof, star gazed, and just got caught up on all that God was doing in our lives! She had just gotten back from Togo and me obviously from Guatemala, so as you can imagine there was a lot of sharing taking place. Several times we would be bragging on God and look up at the amazing starry sky and see a shooting star! I know what you are thinking! "Wow, that is an incredible picture!" Yeah, I didn't take a picture, but if I could have, that is what it looked like! Talk about a memorable night neither one of us will ever forget! I am so thankful for the godly friends in my life and their encouragement!


Thank you for always rejoicing with me in the good times and weeping with me in the hard times! I'll continue to keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment