"But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand." Romans 15:21

Monday, August 9, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise!

Monday morning I was up with the roosters!! It was time for my long journey back to the states. We had to leave our hotel at 6:30 a.m. in order to fly out on time. Our itinerary took us to Guatemala City, then to San Salvador, and we would arrived at our final destination, Miami, at 1:30 a.m Tuesday. Needless to say, I was not excited about this long trip at all, in fact I was dreading it! So we arrived at the airport right on time! Jimmy helped us unload, we said our goodbyes, and then it was off to the ticketing counter! With a big smile I handed the guy my passport and waited, and waited, and waited. He looked back up at me with a big frown and proceeded to tell me that my name wasn't in the computer. "Ha, ha, ha," I laughed. That couldn't be true, so I asked him to look again. He did and found that I was apparently supposed to leave July 12th. Well, that was impossible, but there was nothing he could do. The plane was full and the earliest I could fly out was the next morning. So I said good bye to Racheal and then desperately tried to get a hold of Jimmy. Unfortunately he was already half way home, but thankfully he came back and got me!



Once we arrived back at their home, Jonah and Silas were so happy to see their Becca, well, at least their Becca was excited to see them! We had a lot of fun playing while Mommy got caught up on her sleep! We then prepared for the Kid's Biblestudy that night! Jimmy decided to stay home with the boys, so it was just Shelley and I!



The kids in Santa Rita were a little confused when we pulled up in Jimmy's truck and not the micro. They were even more puzzled when it was just us two without the babies and Jimmy. We only had a few kids at first, but it wasn't long till we had a crowd! Shelley taught on the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Here are a few pictures of the activities we did!



We played a game!! The goal was to blow your "Fire" across the table first! We can't see the Holy Spirit, but we can see the effects of Him!



Shelley first explained the role that the Holy Spirit has in the Christian's life.



Then she told the story of Pentecost from Acts 2



We played a game with our memory verse! Every hat had a phrase from the verse, and then the teams raced to see who could get the whole verse in order the fastest!



Every Biblestudy she reviews the Salvation plan through visuals she created. These week we did the Wordless Book Crayons.



Angel received his Bible!



We also colored!!



I was so glad to have an extra day with these kids! It was definitely not in my plan, but God had a little surprise for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment