"But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand." Romans 15:21

Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Last Days in the Petén

My time in Guatemala was coming to an end, and I was absolutely not excited about that! We did have an amazing last few days though, and it was cool to see God's hand in it all!



Friday after the Special Olympics in San Francisco, we went to Mauricio's in San Andres. He has a hotel right on the lake where you can kayak and swim! It is so beautiful there! We had a wonderful time relaxing!



Saturday Jimmy, Jay, and Racheal took the adults and teens from the Biblestudy in Santa Rita to Tikal! Many of them had never been before! This was Jimmy's 17th trip, and has the guide thing down complete with history and ancient stories! He was getting a lot of stares, and finally realized it wasn't normal to see a Gringo leading 35 Chapins through Tikal. These adults earned this trip by attending Biblestudy, bringing their Bible, and completing the activity sheets.



Six of them had enough points to earn the canopy tours, a zip line that goes through the jungle canopy! Such an amazing experience!



Shelley and I hung out with the babies all day! It was a good time for us to get caught up on life! Later that afternoon Luis picked us up and we met everyone else at Tikal! We were then on our way to Cristina's restaurant on the lake! Hotdogs with Guacamole was on the menu! Don't know if I can ever eat a plain hot dog ever again!



After dinner we spent some time singing and giving testimonies. It was sad knowing it was our last night with all of our friends from Santa Rita.



Jay flew out early Sunday morning. We were all sad to see him go! But it won't be too long before we are all together again serving in the Petén! I finished packing and had a huge meltdown after dwelling on the fact I was leaving the next day. I was reading in my Bible, Psalms 62, and verses 5-8 stood out to me! Even in this time of waiting, I know I can trust in God and all my hope is in Him! That afternoon we went to Maya International for Dinner and a time of sharing! It was so exciting to reflect on all that God had done over the last month!



Even though I was sad to see my trip come to an end, I was encouraged to know that God had so much in store for me during the "Time in Between," even before I got back to the States! I can't wait to share with you the unexpected adventure I had the next day! Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! What a blessing you were while in Peten, you are here
    and you will be when you return to Peten! lol

    ReplyDelete