"But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand." Romans 15:21

Saturday, July 11, 2009

How Great is Our God!

I love God!! Okay, I know that sounded a little random and shallow, but seriously, if you could be here and see all that He is doing, you wouldn’t know what else to say! Satan has been fighting this week, but today was totally worth it! We had our Ladies’ Day in New Horizons today!! We were all kind of nervous and had no idea what to expect! Since we are running on Guatemala time nobody was there at 9 when we were supposed to start, but slowly, lady after lady started to arrive! Each one was served a piece of sugar bread and apple cinnamon tea! Then we got started on our craft!! We were making message boards, which turned out so cute! Watching the ladies use hot glue guns was amusing, but they all did so good! A lot better than I would ever do, cause I am so not crafty!

Kimberly came! She is the girl that braided my hair last November when I was here. She is still not saved, and is in total bondage…there are rumors that she is her step father’s mistress and she can’t even leave her house at night to go to the Bible study because of the rumors that people spread! I wish I could speak more Spanish, so I could be more of an encouragement to her, but please pray for her!

Judi also came! She is Alex's, the little boy who had problems with his binocular craft, mom and also Quincho’s sister! Marcella and Maroucca’s mom, who is Kekchi, came too! She is so shy, but Judi took her under her wing and helped her with her message board!

Tania and Lesbia…sisters…also came! Lesbia’s son owns the house in Santa Rita that Jim and Shelley use for their Bible study! She is one of the sweetest ladies and is always taking care of Jim and Shelley. Tania is Kimberly’s mother. Both ladies have major influence in the village and among the town council! Neither of them has accepted Christ, and they do not attend the Bible study either.

Rosa the town nurse came! She is one of Jim and Shelley’s good friends but has never come to their Bible study either. She was able to give Shelley some advice about the babies and the pregnancy!

Each lady received a card that had Proverbs 31:10, "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." This was such a good opportunity for Jim and Shelley to build on their relationships with these ladies! I know God has great plans for each and every one of these ladies, and He loves them more than anyone else! Please pray that God will use today as a small stepping stone in these ladies' journeys in becoming virtuous women!

Shelley made homemade chicken and dumplings with Jiffy cornbread! Very good! Then we all spent our afternoon sleeping!! We woke up just in time to make eggplant casserole while Jim and Shelley worked on their lessons for the Bible studies! After dinner we had a great time playing spades and watching the Office! Great night!

Tomorrow Brittany and I are going to the Special Education School in Poptun! Brittany is going to be my Spanish translator! I am so thankful for her! I am really excited about meeting all the deaf kids tomorrow, but I am so nervous, cause their signs are so nervous! I really have no idea what to expect, but I am really hoping I can learn some things and build some relationships! Thanks for all yours prayers for today! You all have a major part in what God is doing down here in Guatemala!

No comments:

Post a Comment