"But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand." Romans 15:21

Monday, July 13, 2009

The Safest Place to be is in the Center of God's Will!

Brittany and I could have slept in till 11 today, but of course I was wide awake at 8:30! It was all good though! I was able to get caught up on some blogs and post pictures! Jimmy came and picked us up at noon, and we enjoyed left over chicken and dumplings and eggplant parmesan for lunch!

We spent the rest of the afternoon just chilling till New Horizon! Shelley’s lesson was on bringing the little children to Jesus! It was a great lesson and the children were so interactive! We played an awesome game, and of course my team didn’t win, but we still had fun! For the craft we made clocks, to remind them that Jesus wanted to spend time with them! Our verse was, “But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me…” ~ Luke 18:16a

It started to rain, and the power went out! Jimmy was able to talk to Quincho, Gerardo, and Mateo about Joseph and how God used him! They asked a lot of questions! After we left New Horizons, we debated on whether or not to drive back home or to the city for dinner. We were concerned that the power would be out in El Chal too, so we ended up going to Pizza Hut! Sure enough, when we got back to Jim and Shelley’s, their power was out and who knows when it will come back on!

I can’t even begin to explain, how great Jim and Shelley have been these last two weeks! I have learned so much from them, and I am so grateful for their guidance and encouragement! Starting a deaf school here will not only provide a way to share Jesus among the deaf, but at the same time will open doors to villages that Jim and Shelley otherwise might not be able to minister to! This whole thing is so much bigger than I ever imagined it would be! Brittany and I are actually watching End of the Spear right now…More than ever before do I believe that God’s ways are so much higher than our ways and He works all things together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose! There are people all over the world and right here in Guatemala, that are lost in utter darkness. They are just like the Wadoni people, that Jim Elliot and Nate Saint and three others gave their lives for, so that the Wadoni might one day know Christ!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." ~ Jim Elliot

"Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road; make me a fork, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me." ~ Jim Elliot

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55:6-11

No comments:

Post a Comment