"But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand." Romans 15:21

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A New Day!!

Monday was a great day!! I slept in till 11:30 am!! I felt so much better and couldn’t wait to see what the day was going to bring us!! After our first lesson in New Horizons we thought of a lot of better ideas to improve our story! We made all kinds of visuals and had the kids help us act out the story! Jimmy was Jesus, Quincho was Peter, and the kids were the boat, waves, and stormy clouds!! It was a lot of fun and the kids really understood how important it was for Peter to keep his eyes on Jesus despite of his situation! They had so much fun playing the game and doing the craft! I was able to go around with Jimmy and all the boys to announce the Kids Bible study and took a video of the village! Hopefully it might help you feel a little more apart of Santa Rita!

After the Kids’ time, while we were waiting for the Adult Bible study, Quincho took us up to the tienda to get a drink! We got to see more of village and really spend a good time talking with him and getting to know him better! Unfortunately my Spanish is horrible, but thankfully I had Brittany with me!! The adult Bible study was packed full!! We sang one of my favorite songs in Sa It was so exciting and encouraging!! Jimmy has been teaching through Genesis, and last night his lesson was on Jacob and his whole family! Every adult there brought their Bible and listened so intently! Several even asked questions! It was a good night!

Jimmy made tacos for dinner and they were really good! I was glad to be able to eat somewhat normally again! Thanks for praying for our Bible studies again! More than anything I wish I could speak Spanish! That is definitely something else I will be working on when I get back home!

TTYL :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment